Tuesday, March 24, 2020

In the End....

it doesn't even matter.

I've been in my house for many days and at this point, it's hard to remember the last time everyone showered, let alone who did what on their E-Learning assignments, and it doesn't even matter.

I've been watching social media craziness happen and some people really need to chill out. We are all in the same boat. Our kids will learn those standards or they won't, but it's not going to be the end of the world unless we fall apart and attack each other.

I've also noticed that there is no winning in this situation. Some people want more to do, some want less, some kids are working, and some are not. Everyone is learning on the fly and some of us are better than others, but that doesn't mean that people are willfully trying to deprive students of materials or stress parents out. One thing I have realized while working with my own kid, he is REALLY good at pretending like he has never used Google Classroom or any other platform his teacher has been using ALL year. Come on kid....it's not going to work for you, but I'm also not going to fight with you about it.

My biggest concern for the kids that I can't see every day at this point is that they are healthy and happy. It's killing me to not see those faces every day, and I hope that each of them knows how much. I miss Room 327 and all 25 kids that make that community possible, but we are doing what we can. Please have grace with teachers and parents. We need each other after this is over to rebuild what has been broken down by something that we cannot control. In the end, if we don't have each other when this is over we will have NOTHING!

As we sit at home on what feels like day 999 of 'social distancing', lots of things are coming into focus and some are still really blurry. Parents are schooling at home, teachers are E-instructors and kids.......it doesn't even matter!

What will they remember when this is all over? That depends on us.

The adults have all the power in this situation.

I hope my kid is going to remember:

😀No Screen Time Limits.

😀 Multiple family game nights.

😀Party pizzas for dinner more than once in a week.

😀Taking care of the neighbor's cat.

😀Bedtime didn't really exist.

😀Mom made him read.......A LOT!

😀Checking on our family and friends who are alone and vulnerable.

😀2 Words - Movie Marathons

😀Jokes about toilet paper

😀He is loved more than anything in this world.

If I can accomplish that list then this situation has been a blessing. I know it is awful to have to be stuck at home when people are so used to being busy, but in the end, does it really matter if you had to stay home because you were trying to save someone else's life?

Who have you checked on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're Going to Be Friends!

Here we are, no one else We walked to school all by ourselves There's dirt on our uniforms From chasing all the ants and worms We clean ...